DCS MIGRATION BY HOT CUTOVER
Zero plant down time is an aim of any DCS migration plan. Depends on type of changes that are considered in a DCS modernization plan there are multiple solution and method in the market. A hot cutover is a solution for moving loops to new control system in online process condition. Utilizing hot cutover plan and tools can prevent plant downtime during migration process.
The plant shutdown is not possible in all plants, for example in oil industry shutdown can damage to the wells and production may not return to last amount or in power industry it is not possible simply stop supplying to consumers then when there is necessity for continuous production or there is risk of production loss a hot cutover is the best cost effective solution for DCS migration.
Below steps there are in a cutover plan:
- Audit and assessment of current system and building and completing “AS-IS “database
- Defining renovation goal and identifying opportunities for improvement and complete TO-BE database by contribution of customer
- Identify all control loops and generate accurate loop drawing
- Planning for Installation and Commissioning of each individual loop
- Executing cutover strategies loop by loop
- Training and teambuilding